- This event has passed.
Discussion meeting: Air Quality & Ecology – Impacts & their Assessment
January 16 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree for Members
This joint event hosted by the IAQM, the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) will provide a platform for ecology and air quality professionals to network, collaborate and discuss the important crossover of these two disciplines.
Speakers will provide an insight into their new experiences and research in this area, and the pressures and demands professionals are facing in light of several court cases and new guidance in this area.
This afternoon discussion meeting will provide a forum for you to hear from experts in the field as they present some of the views of those working in the sector.
13:30 – Registration, refreshments and networking
14:00 – Welcome
14:15 – Presentations from guest speakers including:
- Andrew Baker, Managing Director at Baker Consultants – Nitrogen deposition: An inconvenient truth for Habitats Regulations Assessments
- Claire Holman, Director of Brook Cottage Consultants – Wealden District Council HRA for Ashdown Forest from an air quality (not ecology) perspective
- Simon Bareham, Principal Air Quality Specialist and Khalid Aazem Senior Environmental Impacts Adviser from Natural Resources Wales – Developing a “Natural Resources Management” Approach to Air Quality in Wales to Protect Sensitive Habitats
- Chris Field, Senior Lecturer in Environmental Ecology at Manchester Metropolitan University – An application of dynamic modelling to produce site-specific critical load
- Philip Davidson, Associate Director at WSP
17:15 – Event close and drinks at Revolution Oxford Road
This event is free for IAQM and CIEEM members, MMU students and staff to attend.
Book your place to attend this meeting, password required for booking (AQMeeting19)
Non-members are very welcome to attend for a small fee of £25, please book via email.
The IAQM aim to provide events, conferences and workshops which are accessible to all. If you anticipate needing any type of assistance to fully participate in this event, please email Rhianna Jarvis email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7601 1920 to speak to somebody in person.