There are several upcoming vacancies on the IAQM Committee. To fill these positions, we are looking for members who want to contribute to the work and development of the Institute over the next few years.
Any Full Member or Fellow may apply. This is your chance to give something back to the air quality community and gain valuable committee experience.
Membership of the IAQM Committee is agreed at the Annual General Meeting, which will be held on 23rd November 2020. Formal elections are not currently held, but applications are reviewed by several existing members of the Committee to ensure a good balance of Committee members. We particularly encourage applications from high-calibre candidates working in research, local government and those with expertise in monitoring and indoor air quality. We welcome applications from IAQM members from BAME backgrounds and/or managing disabilities, as these groups are currently under-represented on the Committee.
Members of the IAQM Committee:
- Contribute to the strategic oversight of the Institute, including guidance, event planning and delivery, and other membership services;
- Are committed to the principle of collective responsibility;
- Engage actively with other Committee members and IES staff; and
- Act as ambassadors for the IAQM. Committee members serve on a voluntary basis, initially for a three year term.
How to applySend through the following information by Monday 2nd November:
- A brief CV (1 page) summarising your experience; and
- A maximum of 50 words summarising what your main contribution/s to IAQM would be.